Most women have trouble falling asleep.
Yoga before bed can decrease anxiety/worry, regulate your hormonal profile, relax tight muscles & help you to sleep more deeply. Try incorporating these yoga poses into your pre-bedtime practice, and sleep sounder tonight.
1. Elevated Reclined Cobbler's Pose: Sit with the soles of your feet together. Schooch a bolster or pillow(s) right up to your lower back. Slowly lower your spine over the support. Place one hand on your belly and the other on your heart. Feel and hear your breath.
2. Legs Up the Wall: Just what it sounds like and your kids will love to do this one with you. Sidle up to the wall, swing your legs up and rest your arms out to the sides, palms up.
3. Seated Wide Legged Forward Fold Over a Bolster or Pillow: Seated, stretch your legs out in front of you. Place a pillow or two between or on top of your thighs. Drop your head or support it with a block or another pillow if that's more restful.
4. Supported Twist: Scooch the outside of a hip up to a bolster or pillow. Walk your hands away from you and rotate as little or as much as you'd like away from your knees. Close your eyes and breathe.
5. Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms and legs extended. You can place your support under the backs of your knees. Let your feet fall to the sides. Relax every muscle you have. You can practice any breathing or regulating technique you love in this position for 3-10 minutes.
Crawl into bed. Night night. xo